Prior to submission, please carefully read and follow the submission guidelines detailed below. Manuscripts that do not conform to the submission guidelines may be returned without review.
Submit manuscripts electronically (.doc format with including all figures inside) via our online submission system: https://dergipark.org.tr/tr/journal/1659/submission/step/manuscript/new
Nesrin DİLBAZ,MD, Prof. of Psychiatry
Editor of the Current Addiction Research
Director of USBAUMER, Uskudar University
Department of Psychology(English), Uskudar University
General correspondence may be directed to the Editor's Office
In addition to postal addresses and telephone numbers, please supply electronic mail addresses and fax numbers, if available, for potential use by the editorial and production offices.
Types of Articles
Brief Reports, commentaries, case reports and mini-reviews must not exceed 4000 words in overall length. This limit includes all aspects of the manuscript (title page, abstract, text, references, tables, author notes and footnotes, appendices, figure captions) except figures. Brief Reports also may include a maximum of two figures. For Brief Reports, the length limits are exact and must be strictly followed.
Regular Articles typically should not exceed 6000 words in overall length (excluding figures).
Reviews are published within regular issues of the CAR. Reviews typically should not exceed 10000 words (excluding figures)
All cover letters must contain the following:
- a statement that the material is original — if findings from the dataset have been previously published or are in other submitted articles, please include the following information:
- Is the present study a new analysis of previously analyzed data? If yes, please describe differences in analytic approach.
- Are some of the data used in the present study being analyzed for the first time? If yes, please identify data (constructs) that were not included in previously published or submitted manuscripts.
- Are there published or submitted papers from this data set that address related questions? If yes, please provide the citations, and describe the degree of overlap and the unique contributions of your submitted manuscript.
- the full postal and email address of the corresponding author;
- the complete telephone and fax numbers of the same;
- the proposed category under which the manuscript was submitted;
- a statement that the authors complied with APA ethical standards in the treatment of their participants and that the work was approved by the relevant Institutional Review Board(s):
- whether or not the manuscript has been or is posted on a web site;
- the disclosure of any conflicts of interest with regard to the submitted work;
- a request for masked review, if desired, along with a statement ensuring that the manuscript was prepared in accordance with the guidelines above.
- Authors should also specify the overall word length of the manuscript (including all aspects of the manuscript, except figures) and indicate the number of tables, figures, and supplemental materials that are included.
Double-space all copy. Other formatting instructions, as well as instructions on preparing tables, figures, references, metrics, and abstracts, appear in the Manual.
Below are additional instructions regarding the preparation of display tables.
Use Word's Insert Table function when you create tables. Using spaces or tabs in your table will create problems when the table is typeset and may result in errors.
Abstract and Keywords
All manuscripts must include an english abstract containing a maximum of 250 words typed on a separate page. After the abstract, please supply up to five keywords or brief phrases. For the turkish native speakers CAR also requires aturkish version of the abstract and keywords. However this rule does not appy to non-native speakers and our translation office will include the turkish abstract free of charge.
List all references in order by number, not alphabetically. Each reference is listed once only, since the same number is used throughout the paper. References must be numbered consecutively in the order they are first mentioned. Place each reference number in parentheses throughout the text, tables, and legends. If the same reference is used again, re-use the original number.
- Cite articles that have been accepted for publication as 'in press', include in the reference list.
The Reference section:
- Journal article, up to 6 author(s):
Noyan C, Darcin A, Nurmedov S, Yilmaz O, Dilbaz N. Validity and reliability of the Turkish version of the Smartphone Addiction Scale-Short Version among university students. Anatolian Journal of Psychiatry. 2015(Suppl.1);16:73.
- Journal article, 7 or more authors.
Nurmedov S, Metin B, Ekmen S, Noyan O, Yilmaz O, Darcin A, et al. Thalamic and Cerebellar Gray Matter Volume Reduction in SyntheticCannabinoidsUsers.
Eur Addict Res. 2015;21(6):315-20.
- Authored Book:
Buckingham L. Molecular diagnostics: fundamentals, methods and clinical applications. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis; c2012.
- Chapter in an Edited Book:
Rothschild AJ. Mood disorders. AM Nicholi Jr (Ed.), Harvard Guide to Psychiatry, third ed., Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1999, p.281-307.
Page on a website:
Alzheimer Society of Canada [Internet]. Toronto: The Society; c2015. Benefits of staying active; 2013 Jan 28 [cited 2015 May 29]. Available from: http://www.alzheimer.ca/en/kfla/Living-with-dementia/Day-to-day-living/Staying-active/Benefits-of-staying-active
Poster presentation/session presented at a meeting or conference:
Chasman J, Kaplan RF. The effects of occupation on preserved cognitive functioning in dementia. Poster session presented at: Excellence in clinical practice. 4th Annual Conference of the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology; 2006 Jun 15-17; Philadelphia, PA.
Graphics files are welcome if supplied as Tiff, EPS, or PowerPoint files. Multipanel figures (i.e., figures with parts labeled a, b, c, d, etc.) should be assembled into one file.
The minimum line weight for line art is 0.5 point for optimal printing.
Authors are required to state in writing that they have complied with the Declaration of Helsinki Research Ethics in the treatment of their sample, human or animal, or to describe the details of treatment.
Authorship of the paper
Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. All those who have made significant contributions should be listed as co-authors. Where there are others who have participated in certain substantive aspects of the research project, they should be acknowledged or listed as contributors.